05 April 2013

Let the collaboration begin!

We're just beginning the DIG Co-Lab fellowship, and Barbi has already posted a really cool brainstorming activity for writing that she developed using Mozilla Popcorn Maker .

I think this is a wonderful example of how guided practice can be achieved online and especially like how Popcorn Maker allows adding forced pauses to videos, giving students time to stop and think, write, reflect and more!

I loved Barbi's activity so much, I decided to try "making popcorn" myself. I have to admit that it took me a little while to get the hang of it, but I think this format has great potential even if my first experiment with it does not have the best flow! Here's an introduction to adding fractions with different denominators to help build students' conceptual understanding:

No comments:

Post a Comment