05 November 2013

Moodle updates coming!

Wow -- there are some really cool updates coming to Moodle at Lane in December! The ones I'm looking forward to include an option for displaying word counts in forums as well as integrated badges. In my classes I provide guidelines for forum posts, including minimum length, so having a word count displayed will be a useful, convenient tool for my students. Badges are a cool concept, and I think it will be great fun to experiment with them -- I anticipate that students will be highly motivated by the prospect of earning badges, and the fact that they can be displayed in a Moodle profile as well as in an individual students Mozilla "backpack" provides for a great deal of flexibility.

Learn about other Moodle updates coming to Lane here.  Thanks to Kevin Steeves for making this information available and the updates possible!

photo by Mark Drechsler

No comments:

Post a Comment